Curriculum Associates is kicking off a free four-part webinar series next month to support elementary educators with their reading instruction. The weekly series starting Friday, October 7, 2022 will provide educators with expert advice, strategies, and tips for building students’ foundational reading skills and supporting their ongoing reading development.
“Building students’ foundational reading skills is no small task and, as such, it is important that educators are supported in this work,” said Elizabeth Bassford, vice president of content and implementation at Curriculum Associates. “We recently launched our Magnetic Reading Foundations program to support reading skills instruction and are now bringing together our team of experts to provide even more strategies and timely best practices to engage young learners in grade-level reading.”
The webinar series includes:
- Reading Scaffolding Techniques for Immersion into Grade-Level Text on Friday, October 7
- Fostering Linguistic Sustenance: Context Setting, Meaning Making, and Foundational Reading Skills on Friday, October 14
- Restoring Engagement: Welcome to Magnetic Reading! on Friday, October 21
- Science of Reading in Our Decodable Readers on Friday, October 28
All webinars will be held at 4 p.m. ET and last for one hour.
To learn more and register for the upcoming webinars, visit https://cvent.me/LRGKkG.
- The Association of Latino Administrators and Superintendents (ALAS) Announces its New Executive Board
- Study Finds that PowerMyLearning’s SEL Program Accelerates Math & Reading Outcomes & Improves Student Behavior
- New Edition of i-Ready® Classroom Mathematics Further Supports Student Engagement & Discourse-Driven Math Instruction