To keep students engaged in learning all summer long, Discovery Education and its Social Impact Partners are offering students and caregivers an array of no-cost dynamic digital resources they can use at home. This selection of content inspires families to learn together by exploring the world around them. Discovery Education is the worldwide edtech leader whose state-of-the-art K-12 digital platform supports learning wherever it takes place.
The following selection of no-cost digital resources created with social impact partners connect families to engaging learning experiences:
- Inspire the next generation of solution seekers with STEM and math-specific family activities from the STEM Careers Coalition. Family members can join in as students get hands-on with ready-to-use activities promoting self-guided learning and career success.
- With resources from Amazing Me – an initiative with the Dove Self-Esteem Project – parents and caretakers can play an active role in social-emotional learning, health, and confidence-building for students at critical developmental ages.
- Encourage community collaboration with the 6th annual Cha-Ching™ Money Smart Kids Contest created with Jackson Charitable Foundation. The contest enables communities to vote for their elementary school to win $10,000 to support financial literacy education in their school. The contest is open through June 17, 2022. Plus, parents can help students build financial literacy skills for life by watching together a series of fun, engaging videos that teach students to earn, save, spend, and donate.
- 3M’s Science at Home video series is a collection of simple, watch-and-do science experiments that feature 3M scientists and special guests using common household items to reinforce core scientific principles and make STEM learning as accessible as possible. Through these at home activities, STEM solution seekers can immerse themselves in science through creative and fun projects that range from engineering with marshmallows, to chemistry with baking soda.
“Caregiver participation in student learning has profound, positive impacts on academic and lifelong success. We are proud to collaborate with our Social Impact Partners to present this collection of family-focused content. We hope these engaging resources will inspire families to explore important topics like STEM, SEL, financial literacy, and civics all summer long,” said Beth Meyer, Vice President of Social Impact at Discovery Education.
Users of the Discovery Education K-12 learning platform can find these resources and more on the Corporate Education Partnerships channel. Every month, Discovery Education adds hundreds of new resources—from ready-to-use activities to immersive videos and Virtual Field Trips to podcasts and curated channels. Each resource is culturally authentic, reflects the diversity of today’s world, and includes embedded supports, like closed captioning, text-to-speech, and language translations.
In addition to these family-focused resources, Discovery Education is also offering school systems a host of digital content they can integrate into their school-based summer learning initiatives. For more information on those resources, visit this link.
- Discovery Education & Social Impact Partners Support In-Home Learning All Summer Long
- Educator and Family Resources for Mental Health Awareness Month from Discovery Education & Social Impact Partners
- Discovery Education Supports Social-Emotional Learning Day with High Quality Resources for Educators, Students & Families